Changing your organisation's name

You can change the name of a Not For Profit but there are rules to follow and these will vary depending on the legal structure of the organisation.

Incorporated associations

You’ll need to pass a special resolution and there are rules about how you can do this. The Incorporated Associations page on the CAV website has guidance and links to forms.

Companies limited by guarantee

The ASIC website includes a step by step guide to changing a company name.


You’ll need to answer questions on the application to make changes to your co-operative form available from the CAV website 

Indigenous organisations

Find the Change corp name form in the Download Forms box on the ORIC website.

If you need a response please Contact us instead.