Should we acknowledge traditional owners at our meetings and events?

An Acknowledgement of Country should be given at formal events, forums and functions such as Government and Local Government meetings, conferences, school assemblies, concerts, board meetings, and official openings.

For more information see the Protocols for Recognising Traditional Owners page on the Office of Aboriginal Affairs Victoria (OAAV) website for more information.

If you need a response please Contact us instead.