Do I need to make an application for a special measure?

No. You do not need to apply or get approval from the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal for a special measure like you do for an exemption from the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic).

But you will need to consider whether the proposed actions meet the test for a special measure and whether everything you propose to do falls within this test. You may need some advice to help you look at this.

If a discrimination complaint is made against your measure you will need to be prepared to give good reasons to explain how and why what you’re doing is a special measure. If what you propose to do is not a special measure you may need to reconsider your approach or apply for an exemption.

Further information, including examples of special measures, is available on the Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission website.

If you need a response please Contact us instead.