How do I control common hazards in my workplace?

You are required by law to control all potential safety hazards in your workplace. The type of hazards in your workplace will depend on the environment you work in and the work you do. Inspectors will often look to check common hazards are controlled in community services settings.

The Working in the not for profit sector page of the Victorian WorkCover Authority (VWA) website has information about controlling common hazards in community services. Click an item in the list to see the relevant information on the VWA website:

The VWA publication Working Safely in Community Services has industry-specific guidance to help you with ways to control common hazards.

If you need a response please Contact us instead.